Monday, March 22, 2010

My Sunshine Friend


Happy Birthday, Jocita!
One of my best friends is turning 25 today!! Wow, this girl is an INCREDIBLE friend, I had all these great pictures picked out from our many adventures and stories over the last few years, but the internet just wasn't enough to load all the pics, but I got this one!

Jolynn, I just love you, you are one of my favorite people of all time and I'm so glad we met freshman year at Baylor. Just knowing you has taught me so much about friendships and relationships. I credit you with teaching me how to be a friend, seriously, YOU taught me how to be a friend! Before I didn't know, but you pursued me as a friend, leaving notes on my dry erase board, calling me to hang out, or to go get food at Memorial, you taught me how to love and pursue a person with no strings attached. You love and accept people unconditionally, really really, you do! How many people do that? No one! I love that you really savor people for who they are, and find a way to appreciate everyone... everyone... and we've encountered plenty of weirdos that tested that, haha.
I've been consistently loved and blown away by the ways you have loved me-- sending me letters and packages, giving gifts and trinkets from all over the world, squeezing orange juice when we're sick, planning parties, taking trips and adventures in Memphis (rest in peace, faithful vehicle), living the high life in big cities all over the US, laughing pool-side and hot-springs-side.... and you're gonna be in Texas when I get back!!! I'm so excited about that! I knew you'd come back... or maybe that was wishful thinking, but whatever, you're gonna be back in Texas!
I love you tremendously, and am so thankful for you and the way you serve and bless other people- you're so refined and beautiful. You have amazing artistic and creative giftings, which always bless me! You love laughing, you love LIFE, you enjoy everything... except maybe sciences and rules, haha. And I love and treasure our sleepy going-to-sleep talks about God, beauty, and life. You hunger for the meaning and purposes of God.
Beautiful!
Beautiful! You're so beautiful. Happy Birthday!







No comments:

Post a Comment