Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Newsletter- Blog Style

Hey everyone, I wanted to send out a newsletter, so I decided to just put it on my blog instead and send you a link.


You, my supporters, friends, and family have been on my thoughts lately. I've been thinking about y'all and wondering if you're wondering what I'm doing in life and why you can never get a hold of me. ha. I want to share with you what I am up to.So... so many things to update you on- where to even begin!


I'm just thankful for life--and life to the fullest- Recently I read in Psalm 119 that "your testimonies are my heritage forever". My heritage in life- are God's stories. I love that. God is always writing new stories for my life.



I wanted to share with give you a little in-depth look into a few areas of work, church, and play.


Currently, I'm working am at Baylor University- as the Program Coordinator for the Texas Hunger Initiative housed at the School of Social Work. This role really is perfect for me- working to see the end of hunger and food insecurity in the State of Texas and Waco specifically. We're a capacity-building collaborative project and work closely with Texas Department of Agriculture in Austin and the Faith-Based Initiates branch of the US Department of Agriculture in Washington DC and many churches and faith-based organizations throughout Texas. Our goal is to end hunger in the State of Texas by 2015 mostly be strategic planning and connecting communities to see the needs and state of poverty in their community and to take action




My role specifically is the Program Coordinator and Administrator. I also get to collaborate with some of the strategy (which I love!) Recently me and my colleagues had a meeting in the Texas State Capitol with some House Representatives and a big wig from Washington DC. We took it very seriously:






Summer Ellis™ Jewelry Business

I'm loving my role with Summer Ellis, managing the studio. I'm gaining so much experience in business management and entrepreneurship- its awesome and fun. We have some incredible talent on our little team of 4- so creative, inspired, and Godly.

Check out our website. www.summerellis.com


Church
I'm passionate about the work of the Church in America and the nations (as yall know!) Currently, I'm involved at my local church in several different layers. I'm co-leading a life group, on volunteer staff with the Serve Project (helping to oversee those in other nations sent from our church), a volunteer at the Community Feast, and on one of the World Mandate '11 planning committees. I love having the opportunity to serve and build alongside some of the greatest people on earth!



Landmark Girls

I'm making sure to have fun with my roommates as well- girls just wanna have fun, right!?

We've been frequent customers of the frozen yogurt places in Waco and have been known to have spontaneous dance parties- we keep our play lists ready! It's also so great to have girls in my life that are hungry for God and growing more and more in love with Him.

Here's a few recent pics:



Leah, Andrea, Me, Cristi




roomies
Andrea, me, Leah, Cristi



The Feast


Every Friday we serve a meal for the community- whoever wants to come. It's been awesome to see the gathering of people that come for 'food for the body and nourishment for the soul'- whether is small families from the neighborhood, single moms, homeless, unemployed, and a little of the waky Waco flavors. I help with the kids. I've enjoyed being able to love on these kids as much as a want and encourage them when they may not get much of that in their lives. Most of my closest friends in Waco also serve and lead at Feast every Friday. There's a group of about 10 who share life, lead together at the Feast, meet weekly for lifegroup, and even some that are dating... more details to come on that one :).
Here's some pics:

Princess Net Net.

Senator Chris


Thanks for taking interest in my life by reading this update. I'm eagerly looking to the future and have so many ideas of what I want to be doing- but you are the people that make my daily life so great. Thanks for your consistent kindness and support. And thanks to God who has so faithful led and loved me throughout these months since being back from Iraq.



Other awesome pics I just wanted to fit in:




Me & the bf at a recent costume party.

My mom enjoying some frozen yogurt.

The cutest best friend baby ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment