I have an office.
I have an my very own office.
I have my very own office at Baylor University.
I started working at Baylor today, and honestly, couldn't be more thrilled. After one day, I was reminded of why I wanted to be employed there so badly. Baylor really takes care of its faculty and staff. There are so many perks and benefits for being on staff. Professional development is one of their strengths as an organization. I was so excited to pull up the pages of development classes offered for the faculty and staff- everything from web mastering, digital media, budgeting, management & communication.
So I stuck my faculty & staff parking decal on my car (which means sooo much being a former student, I can park anywhere!!) and officially re-activated my Baylor ID and ID number.
I'm back at Baylor.
Here's my office. I can't wait to decorate it.
Haha, I can see myself making it all recycled-modern art- anthropolgy-esk.. my office would probably stick out compared everyone else's. Office dress code and offce "decore" codes kind of but more...But maybe not, it seems to me, from my first glances, that Social Workers are kinda like really educated hippies, super laid back, and working to see change for the good. I like that. They seem casualy- their tattoos are hidden by their white button down shirts, rolled to the elbow, and kahki paints so desperately wanting to go mountain biking.
And since Baylor was so expensive to go to, I'll work every one of my hours per week to pay back my school debt. Baylor's paying me now! ha. :)
It was a happy day.
Yay! I love the comment about the khaki pants wanting to go mountain biking. Clever. I'm jealous that you have 11 followers btw. Go Laura!
ReplyDeleteI like the office.
ReplyDeleteI like your office at Baylor.
I like your very pretty pink shirt.
I like the irony of getting a paycheck from BU.
Way to go La !!!
ReplyDelete