Saturday, September 11, 2010

Lots going on in the Hilton Family

Poppie gets arrested at 80 years old.
Just kidding, but he did turn 80! We had an 80th birthday party for him. Of course, he could have done without... he doesn't like all the fuss and attention, but it was fun. Lots of old stories were shared... and funny ones. I was like "wow, my family is funny!". After several toasts and words in his honor, he stood up to say something. All he said was 'you know, I've lived 80 years. I've done a lot of things right and I've done a lot of things wrong. But one thing I know I did right was (choking up, cracking voice, one or two tears)... was finding a wife. She's made me so happy." (and some other words about her that I don't remember exactly). And all the women in the room were tearing up. Who doesn't want their husband of 60years to say you were the best decision he ever made!?!? So sweet. My grandfather does make me proud to be in his family, and I look up to him in so many ways! Sean (Dallas police office) stopped in for the party while off duty.
Laura Hilton & Riley Hilton
classic Loo & Foo picture.... weird faces.
But as the BBQ, homemade salsa, and strawberry cake was consumed, we're all still sad at the recent news of my uncle Ken's cancer. We found out on Friday after a sudden discovery, that he has a mass on his pancreas that is malignant. Please, pray for him and the family! Pray grace, peace, and strength to be renewed everyday. And of course, pray for complete healing of his cancer. We believe!

My dad reading the newspaper.

Happy Birthday, Mom!! I cooked her some breafast... mmm. Wasn't sure if she would like huevos rancheros... but she did! I forget she's so Texan.

No comments:

Post a Comment