Monday, April 5, 2010

Man World Bazaar

Isn’t this woman beautiful!? I just see beauty in her, what a lucky perspective I have. I wonder if she thinks she’s beautiful… or if her husband has ever told her that in the 50 something years they have been married. She wears multi-colored prayer beads as a necklace and a black jili Kurdi.

She’s a woman we met at the village a couple of months ago.

But I love pictures of just the people and their faces.

And I might start dressing like her when I go out to the bazaar! Or at least borrow a black abaia (the long black drape things they wear). I’m serious, I’m almost to that point! Haha. Just cause we get starred at SO much, which I’ve gotten used to at some degree. I mean when we go to the bazaar it is really normally for every person in a 10 foot radius of walking to turn at stare.

So usually I just smile, and try and be the light of Jesus. They have to wonder why we smile…

But yesterday I was walking with Zeelan in the bazaar and it happened, a moment I’d played out in my mind of what I would do… what would I do if someone ever grabbed me? Would I yell ‘Iba!!”, would I slap him in the face, would I make a scene, or I don’t know. But it was crowded and we passed the big group of people and someone definitely grabbed my butt. Ahh! I thought at first.. maybe it was Zeelan, but it wasn’t. Gross! And he was long passed by the time I realized what happened. So I didn’t get to slap him, but I am in my mind! Haha. Anyway… gross! But I mean, I forgive that person… that’s why I’m here, people need Jesus and new life!

3 comments:

  1. WHAT??? I wish i would have been there, i totally would have chased him down for you and beaten him! fun to go to the bazaar with Zeelan! tell her we miss her! your blog looks awesome and I love the pic of this sweet woman...your perspective IS awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks K! I know you would have beaten him down... lol, I just had a funny picture in my head of what that would look like. Z misses you. She totally adores you, Kristi.
    see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i seriously love her...

    ReplyDelete